The Ultimate Guide to Going Solar
With rising fuel costs, you’ve probably noticed how your electricity bills have skyrocketed over the last few years. We get that you may be stressed and anxious about these high costs, and that you’re looking for ways to reduce your monthly utility bill.
Homeowners have saved money by going solar. We understand that the amount of information on solar power can be complicated and overwhelming. To reduce information overload, we’ve created this ultimate guide to help you understand solar so you can make an informed decision whether solar is right for you.
Table of Contents
Tips to help you make an informed decision whether to go solar. From solar basics to choosing a solar installation company, you’ll find valuable resources that will answer the most important questions you may have about installing a solar power system for your home.
Chapter 1 - How Solar Works
Chapter 2 - Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar
Chapter 3 - How to Lower Your Utility Bill with Energy Efficiency
Chapter 4 - How to Finance a Solar Power System Without Breaking the Bank
Chapter 5 - How to Choose a Solar Installation Company
Chapter 6 - What is the Solar Installation Process?
Chapter 7 - How to Install Your Own Solar Power System
Below are a list of valuable resources that give you a 30,000 foot view on solar. These articles will help you understand how solar power systems work without providing you with complicated and technical details that may overwhelm you with too much information.
- Solar Energy Technology Basics
- How Does Solar Work?
- How Solar Works
- Installing and Maintaining a Home Solar Electric System
- Understanding the Basics of Boat & RV Solar Power
- RV Solar Power Basics
Before you go solar, it's important to know the benefits and potential drawbacks of switching to solar. These list of resources will help you better understand the pros and cons so you can make an informed decision.
- Pros and Cons of Solar-Powered Home Systems
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Solar Power
- Top 10 Benefits of Going Solar
- The Benefits of Solar Power
- Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
Homeowners can reduce their energy costs by making their homes more energy efficient. Before making the investment in installing a solar power system, it is important to reduce the amount of energy required by your home, such as improving insulation and using energy efficient appliances. The resources listed below will give you ideas on what you can do to make your home more energy efficient.
- Energy-Efficient Home Design
- How to Make Your Home Energy Efficient
- Best Home Energy Efficiency Improvements
- 9 Ways to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient
- List of Energy Star Energy Efficient Products
- 10 Energy Efficient Home Improvements
Solar power is a major investment, and while the cost of solar has decreased over the last several years, it is important to learn what options are available. The resources below will help you understand the different ways you can pay for an affordable solar power system for your home, along with the tax benefits of going solar.
- How to Finance a Solar Power System for Your Home
- The Great Solar Panel Debate: To Lease Or To Buy?
- Solar Power Purchase Agreements
- Financing Solar Energy Systems
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency®
- Federal Income Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency
Not all solar contractors are created equal. Some are better than others, and you want to make sure you choose an installer with a solid track record of quality installations and satisfied customers. The resources below will provide you with valuable information on how to select the right company for your solar needs.
The solar installation process can be quite complicated. While the solar installer will do all the work for you, you'll feel more in control when you understand how the entire process works. You'll be armed with knowledge so you can ask the right questions to your installer to ensure they are doing quality work. The list of resources below will give you an overview of the solar installation process.
While we recommend that you work with a solar installer, perhaps you are the DIY type and want to install your own solar energy system in your home. The list of resources below will teach you how to install a solar system. As always, quality and safety should always be on the top of your mind.
- Introduction to RV Solar Panel Kits and Systems
- Choose DIY to Save Big on Solar Panels for Your Home!
- The Renewable Energy Site for Do-It-Yourselfers
- DIY Home Solar: Should You or Shouldn't You?
- How to Install an Exterior Solar Panel
After months of research, we hope you got tremendous value out of the best resources available on going solar. We welcome any feedback, so feel free to contact us with any questions or suggestions on resources we may have missed. Thank you!